We are looking for highly motivated Android Developer to join our team developing an innovative secure mobile collaboration solution for Android based smartphones and tablets. Our team is using advanced mobile software architecture involving new Android SDK core components and some native libraries to complete our technology stack.
This position entails development responsibility within the product development team. Your contribution to the development of the right Android native UI and UX components jointly with the Android team will have a significant impact on the quality of our mobile application’s user experience.
You are a result driven and hands-on programmer; you like to develop mobile UI components as a part of your mainstream development work; you are able to work as part of highly skilled team being accountable, constantly learning and enhancing your skills and open to feedback.
We take very seriously the quality of our secure mobile collaboration solution, and therefore you shall expect not only to write many unit tests in Java but your code will also be reviewed by your peers in the team using agile processes and tools. The core functionalities of our solution are being implemented in Java using latest Android SDK where professional designers design all UI/UX following native Android application design guidelines.
- Define and formalize the implementation blueprints for new functionalities in collaboration with the development team and according to the Adeya product roadmap.
- Implement new features and functionalities of our Android mobile applications in modular way using different core components and proprietary cryptography layers and communication protocols.
- Ensure high quality of the product by writing unit tests.
- Collaborate with the QA/Testing team to create high quality functional and performance test cases.
- Improve the software performance and quality based on advanced multithreading and component based architecture associated to deep memory inspection.
- Maintain and extend a large source code base.
- Participate in implementing architecture POCs and create documentation for new features according to the requirements defined by the Product Manager.
- Participate in handling customer requests originating form QA and Integration/Support engineers.
- Participate in all our Scrum activities from specification to release delivery process.
The incumbent may be asked, by his/her manager, to perform other function-related activities in addition to the above-mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- 3+ years of software development experience including 2+ years programming in native Android applications.
- Good knowledge of one modern Java framework.
- Strong OO design and development experience.
- Mastering modern application development tools.
- Solid experience in multithreading development and network programming.
- Knowledge of encryption libraries, OS and network security is a plus.
- Experience with Agile software development, Scrum is a plus.
- Structured and synthetic approach to software development.
- Flexible, stress resistant, autonomous and passionate.
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written). French, German or other languages is a plus.
- Shortly available to join.
- Swiss citizen or resident.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or Telecom.
Adeya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, regards of race, colour, religion, gender, ethnicity / national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected under prevailing laws.
Final hiring decisions made by the hiring committee will be based on an individual’s suitability for the role, based on factors which may include quantitative and qualitative assessments of specific experience and knowledge, demonstrated skill level on defined technologies, relevant educational background, relevant industry certifications, background verification, ability to address interview questions, performance on technical tests, etc.
Information Technology and Services Computer & Network Security Defense & Space.
1110, Morges, Vaud, Switzerland
January 25, 2018